Applying for Help
WHO CAN APPLY?
We can receive referrals from people who in one way or another are aware of a young person who may fall within the RNCF criteria.
- Parents, grandparents, other family members, or family friends.
- Local Authorities, including Commissioning Team Leaders, Social Workers and Support Workers. Schools – either state or independent.
- Family Practitioners, or other professional workers.
We are unable to help where:
- A school has been chosen for a particular type of education such as drama, sports or music.
- The needs of the young person can be met within the state day system.
- The young person does not have settled immigration status in the UK.
- The young person or parent normally resides outside of the UK.
- The young person is unable to integrate into a boarding school environment.
Royal National Children’s Foundation helps vulnerable children in the UK whose circumstances are seriously prejudicial to their normal development.
We provide Assisted Boarding school places for vulnerable children between the age of 7 and 16 years old who fulfil these criteria –
- Children have one or no active parents
- Children whose normal development is compromised or threatened by adverse home or school conditions. This can arise through parental death, serious parental mental or physical ill health, alcohol or drug abuse, child neglect, abuse and severe bullying
- Children live in poor families where the cost of boarding cannot be met
- Children live in the UK
We will include cases where:
- A child is adopted and there is risk of the placement breaking down
- A child is being cared for by grandparents, relatives or friends
- A child has a single parent
- A child has two carers, though one is severely incapacitated.
We work with local authorities to help support vulnerable families, the focus directed on the well-being of a young person.
HOW TO APPLY
Please do check the above criteria before contacting RNCF. We receive many enquiries and aim to support those most in need of our help.
If you would like to continue with your enquiry please send an email to: email@example.com or ring 01932 868622.
We need to know your reason for applying, explaining the present vulnerable situation of the young person, along with their age and geographical location.
We can then assess and request more information if required.